2022 CIPM Pest and Pathogens Showcase
The NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management (CIPM), the Center for Integrated Fungal Research (CIFR), and the Center for Geospatial Analytics (CGA) at NC State hosted a virtual Pests and Pathogens Research Showcase event on September 14, 2022. The main goals for the showcase were to present our vision and innovative research to potential collaborators and to highlight collaboration potential with other NCSU departments and institutes. Potential outcomes of the event included stakeholder letters of support for grant proposals, sponsored research, and additional research partners. We invited researchers from federal agencies, private industries, and academic institutions.
There were 117 attendees from academia, industry, and government.
Welcoming Remarks and Panel Discussion
Dr. Adrian Percy, Executive Director of the Plant Science Initiative at NC State provided opening remarks and Dr. Lauren Quevillon moderated the event.
This interdisciplinary showcase was an opportunity to learn what NC State researchers are doing to better understand, model and manage agricultural pests and pathogens, and how partners like you can help bring new strategies, analytics and decision support systems from the lab to the field to advance sustainable agriculture. Participants attended breakouts in which they were given the opportunity to discuss collaborative efforts with researchers from each of the Centers.
Researchers presented areas for collaboration with CIFR, CIPM, and CGA. Presentations were organized around three central themes that underlie the work of all three of these centers- Understand, Model, and Manage. The Centers conduct research to obtain new information (Understand), develop statistical and other computational models using these new findings (Model), and we ultimately use both of these to more efficiently manage pests and pathogens.
- Dr. Josh Gray, Associate Professor, CGA (contact; slides)
- Dr. Danesha Seth Carley, Director, CIPM (contact; slides)
- Dr. Marcela Rojas-Pierce, Assistant Professor, CIFR (contact)
- Dr. Nathan Crook, Assistant Professor, CIFR (contact; slides)
- Dr. Yu Takeuchi, Associate Director for Innovations, CIPM (contact; slides)
- Dr. Gustavo Machado, Assistant Professor, CGA (contact; slides)
- Dr. Chris Jones, Research Scholar, CGA (contact; slides)
- Dr. Roger Magarey, Southern IPM Center Co-Director, CIPM (contact; slides)
- Dr. Ignazio Carbone, Director, CIFR (contact; slides)
- Dr. Anders Huseth, Assistant Professor, CGA (contact; slides)
- Dr. Godshen Pallipparambil, Assistant Director, CIPM (contact; slides)
- Dr. Wei Shi, Professor, CIFR (contact; slides)
We are currently reaching out to participants about the types of research contracts that we offer and how to take further action. By all means, please feel free to reach out to us or to the presenters directly. Our goal is to diversify our partnerships with private industries and other institutions. Thank you to all that attended.